Top 12 Movies Every Inspirational Entrepreneur Should Watch in 2020: Watch Free online
Like every other person, even entrepreneurs need inspiration from time to time, and inspirational movies are one of the greatest ways to take a break and do some brainstorming
The entrepreneurial journey is beautiful and exciting but indeed not very easy. You never know about it until you will get into the game, but these 12 provocative and wildly entertaining films and documentaries will prepare you for upcoming challenges and hurdles whether you are just starting your entrepreneurial journey or have been at it for years.
I think these are the 12 most Inspiring Movies for Entrepreneurs
1. The Godfather series is perhaps the all-time best cinema for entrepreneurs, and one of my most favorite ones, highlighting why building networks and relationships matter, why serving and helping people lends itself to great business, and why having a great understanding about competition is non-negotiable.
The films are genuinely entertaining, packed with thrilling and thought-provoking scenes that will leave you better prepared to handle your business challenge.
Lessons: This trilogy will teach about business competitive strategies, alliances, mergers and acquisitions, corporate successions, and critical personnel retention.
Watch online here (Netflix) or you can buy from Amazon
The Godfather (1972) Trailer
2. This film Office Space is a great American comedy that perfectly satirizes the corporate culture of a 1990s software company, explaining about office politics and work relationships. It’s good fun and will undoubtedly get you thinking about team-building techniques, career development, and leadership.
Lessons: After the movie, you have a good understanding of career development, corporate culture, work-life balance, team-building techniques, leadership, and management of information technology
Watch Office Space online for free here
Office Space Trailer (1999)
3. Catch Me If You Can: This movie is a must-watch, and I am sure most of you already have watched it, but the no list is complete if you don’t talk about this film no matter whatever is your profession. Catch Me If You Can is one of the cult movies. Still, most of the people, when they hear about this movie, they think about the successful con artist (Leonardo DiCaprio) Frank Abagnale deceivingly charming just about anyone with his skill mastery. Based on the true story of Frank Abagnale is a classic movie that demonstrates the entrepreneurial journey.
Lessons: This movie touches upon creative problem solving, entrepreneurship skills, turning a bad situation into your favor, business vision, personal sales techniques, and funding sources.
Watch Catch Me If You Can online for free here or buy from Amazon
Catch Me If You Can (2002) Official Trailer
4. The 2001 documentary film Startup.com a film that scrutinizes the rise and fall of real-life startup. This real-life startup documentary Govworks which raised $60 million from the New Your Investment Fund, Hearst Interactive Media, KKR, and Sapient. It’s nice viewing to better understand the boom and bust of the dotcom period and serves as a cautionary story on how friendships can easily be threatened by business partnerships.
Lessons: Where this movie gives you the real-life startup experience, it will also taught you lessons of financing, capital raising, entrepreneurship skills, growth management, and team-building skills.
Watch Startup.com online for free here
Startup.com Official Trailer (2001)
5. Lord Of War is another must-watch. If you are somebody who likes a bit of action and light comedy, it is definitely for you. This war-crime movie accounts for the life of Yuri Orlov, played by Nicolas Cage, a migrant from Ukraine who chooses his way to success is through illegal gun trade. Yuri’s determination, obstinacy, and ability to tolerate risk determine the very qualities entrepreneurs need to succeed. And also, if you want to learn more about building customer loyalty, growth techniques, and how to negotiate.
Lessons: In this movie, you will learn creative problem-solving skills, crisis management, building customer loyalty, competitive strategies, entrepreneurship skills, and negotiation techniques.
Watch Lord Of War online for free here
Official Trailer: Lord of War (2005)
6. In 2016 released film The Founder’s true story about the struggling salesman Ray Kroc played by Michael Keaton in the movie, Whose life change after the encounter with the McDonald brothers and the way we eat fast food today.
Lessons: Apart from keeping yourself positive with all the hardships going on in your life, It tells you how to start a business, preserve, and scaling a business.
Watch The Founder online for free here
The Founder Official Trailer (2016)
7. As an entrepreneur, you will have to push yourself to your limits in the pursuit of power and success. This film Wall Street unties this theme through the eyes of Bud Fox’s role played by Charlie Sheen. A stockbroker in the movie who navigates the economic rollercoaster of Wall Street, adopting the “greed is good” mantra.
Lessons: this film teaches about portfolio management, capital markets, corporate finance, investment law principle, and company valuations, and business ethics.
Watch Wall Street online for free here
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps Trailer HD
8. Rogue Trader, a 1999 movie, is based on a true story of the employee of the Bank who single-handedly brought down the Barings Bank, one of the most famous and largest and Bank in England.
Lessons: Where you will learn about the maniacal behaviors drives by the money, you will also learn about financial reporting, Captial markets, Corporate valuation, and emerging markets and business ethics.
Watch Rogue Trader online for free here
Rogue Trader (1998) Trailer
9. This movie Twelve Angry Men, a 1957 brilliant film, Probably still one of my all-time favorite movies. This movie is base on a courtroom drama that includes many layers of insight on leadership.
Lessons: Apart from conflict resolution and consensus building negotiation techniques, it will leave you thinking about the way you make important decisions.
Watch Twelve Angry Men online for free here
Twelve Angry men (1957) movie Trailer
10. If you enjoy a good psychological thriller, this film The Usual Suspects is for you, It tells the tale of professional criminals who met in the police station and team up to pull the lucrative heist. You will see leadership consolidation, long-term business strategy, and power and influence.
Lessons: This movie gives a stronger message about the consolidation of branding, operations, and logistics planning and execution, and long-term business strategy.
Watch The Usual Suspects online for free here
The Usual Suspects (1995) – Original Trailer
11. If you are a dreamer, this film The Devil Wears Prada will motivate you to take the plunge and pursue your dreams. You will learn how to handle uncomfortable situations and how hard work pays off sooner or later.
Lesson: In the film, you will learn how to pursue your dream, sales techniques, the importance of media and career, and branding yourself.
Watch The Devil Wears Prada online for free here
The Devil Wears Prada Official Trailer
12. Thank you for Smoking is a must-watch movie if your startup or job is related to marketing. This movie tells the tale about the tobacco industry lobbyist Nick Naylor who artistically turns arguments to protect the cigarette industry in the most challenging of situations.
Lessons: Marketing and advertising campaigns, public relations, crisis management
Watch Thank you for smoking online for free here
Thank you for Smoking Trailer